Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Chi Omega Sister Crowned Miss Kansas

New Miss Kansas Seeks Winning Streak

The Sunflower State has a new woman to represent the people as Miss Kansas in pageant competitions throughout the next year.

Alyssa George, a 21-year old junior at the University of Kansas and sister of Chi Omega sorority was crown with the award Saturday.

“I was very, very shocked,” Alyssa told a local newspaper Monday after defeating 21 other young ladies. She competed in the state's pageant in 2004 and 2005, but was nipped of the crown each time.

“It’s been very emotional,” she said. “I’m excited because I have this new chapter in my life and I get to start a whole new world of things. But I am also really sad because I was recruitment chair and Rock Chalk director for my sorority and those are two things that I absolutely love.”

Alyssa, who won the event's swimsuit competition, will wait to finish her final year of college while concentrating on the upcoming pageants.

No comments:

Template Design | Elque 2007