Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kirk Herbstreit Ranks College Football's Best Student Sections

The Frat Boy News Daily Sports Page

College Football (compiled by Kirk Herbstreit, Statesman.com)


Student sections gain respect from me for originality, support (noise) and organization.


5. Notre Dame -- The most traditional atmosphere you will ever witness. The loyal student body adds to the experience.

4. Oregon -- I'm simply going on my memories from my last trip to Autzen in 2001 -- wow, has it been that long? I think its time for "GameDay" to return to Eugene. Six Pac-10 champions and a major stadium renovation have come and gone since our last visit. But when we were there, it rocked.

3. Texas A&M -- Aggieland just oozes tradition. Crowds of 40,000 attend yell practices on Friday nights. Are you kidding? I challenge you to locate a more faithful group than what you find at Kyle Field.

2. Florida -- When the Gators are good -- really good -- there is no place like "The Swamp." I still make the argument it's the loudest stadium in the country on game day. When Mr. Two-bits does his thing, it sends chills up and down your spine as the Gators take the field.

1. Penn State -- They continue to raise the bar with the white out. The music adds a festival-like atmosphere. I've never seen such support in all my life.

To see Kirk's entire 2007 preview, click here

No comments:

Template Design | Elque 2007