Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ball State Girl Will Be Indy 500 Queen

Ball State Student Crowned Queen of Indy 500

A classic tradition in the American celebration of Memorial Day got a little hotter this week as a Ball State University female student was named the queen of the annual Indianapolis 500.

Ball State's Dannielle Sylvester was chosen from more than thirty girls to be the Indy 500 festival's queen.

"I remember sitting on the corner watching the parade and telling my dad I was going to be one of those girls one day," Dannielle told Ball State's student newspaper. "Here I am, so that's definitely going to be my favorite part - watching all those little girls' faces. Hopefully, they can do the same."

As queen, she will serve her kingdom by visiting elementary schools and nursing homes before the race.

*Photo courtesy of Greg Griffo/Indianapolis Star

No comments:

Template Design | Elque 2007