Thursday, August 23, 2007

Record Numbers of Freshmen Girls Rushing Sororities

Freshmen girls at colleges around the nation are rushing sororities at record numbers.

“There is a higher number of freshmen this year and when freshmen enrollment goes up, then usually so does recruitment numbers,” said Anita Corey, Washington State University's director of the Center of Fraternity and Sorority Life.

"It was a stressful but very good experience," said Caitlin Burns, a Kansas State University freshman who got a bid from Sigma Kappa. "I'm glad I did it even though I didn't get my first preference. It's going good so far."

Even girls with disabilities are getting in on the action.

"I was worried they wouldn't accept me," said Ashley Wagner, a quadriplegic girl who got a bid from Kansas State's chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma.

"I obviously can't get upstairs, so they carried me up themselves on bid day, which was really nice," she said.

No comments:

Template Design | Elque 2007