Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Notre Dame Quarterback Transfers to Northern Illinois

The Frat Boy News Daily Sports Page


College Football (compiled by SeattleTimes.com)


Demetrius Jones was clear: "I don't want to talk about Notre Dame anymore," he said Monday.

But because Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis has talked about his former quarterback, who is enrolled at Northern Illinois, Jones felt compelled to talk at least a bit about Notre Dame.

Weis' implication in comments after Saturday's 38-0 loss to Michigan was unmistakable: He didn't know Jones was leaving Notre Dame, and Jones left the Irish in a lurch. Jones acknowledged in comments Sunday to the South Bend Tribune that he had been a little "immature" in the process.

Jones told the paper he was "stung" by Weis' comments that freshman Jimmy Clausen was the Irish's top quarterback and would have been the opening-game starter if he had recovered more quickly from surgery to remove a bone spur from his throwing elbow.

"When I heard Jimmy was number one all the way through spring and that the only thing keeping him out of the lineup was his surgery, well, that's not what I was led to believe going into the summer," Jones said. "I thought I was getting a chance because Coach Weis believed in me. Then I didn't know what to believe anymore."

No comments:

Template Design | Elque 2007